Wednesday 14 December 2011

Our Lagos


OUR Lagos is beautiful and positive. I've thought a lot about how to put it in words: The energy, the culture, the reality of love and happiness and excitement all intensified by the contrast to the harsh realities of the city. The unending tiredness that comes from a overly hectic life, and the tranquility of a beautiful garden in the middle of the city. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

I want to scream it out to the world, but as you can see I'm not very good at that. I want to show everybody that our Lagos is not one giant squalor or full of playroom extravagance. Hanna, a friend that has just left did this in her own special way. We need more Hanna's. So from today, I'm going to start a new series of posts as an ode to Lagos, Our Lagos.

We don't ignore the hard parts of life in the city, but they get enough attention. There may be a rant from time to time. If there is, please ignore. Lagos' beauty comes in a thousand pieces; I hope I can piece them together for you.

PS: This mini-series has outgrown my blog, and I wanted to invite others to join the fray. As a result we've started a new site and posted all the posts there. Have a look.

No comments: